A few weekends ago, my fiance and I had our engagement photo shoot. We worked with a photographer we met through a friend, Anastasia Tantaros of Anneka Photography, and she did an amazing job! Here are some of our favorite shots.
- Be patient. Taking photos is somewhat exhausting (no wonder models faint!). You will get tired, but it will all be worth it in the end.
- A little alcohol doesn’t hurt! I giggled with nerves for a good 10 mins during the beginning of our shoot.
- Try a DIY idea. We spent about an hour blowing and tying balloons. It was a lot of fun and gave us a unique effect.
- If you’re indoors, play music you like to set the mood.
- If you’re outdoors, don’t be alarmed if your heels sink into the ground. I’m sure I looked silly tip-toeing around, but I wear these shoes to work, so I couldn’t totally sacrifice them.
- Take tons of photos. If you’re anything like us, you’ll probably blink, talk, or smile too hard (I’m working on it!) while your photographer is trying to do his or her job. Thankfully, Anastasia loves snapping every moment, so we’re glad she got some of us looking normally!
Now that these are over, we’re mocking up our Save-the-Dates and meeting with officiants and caterers. I’m so excited to have these boxes checked on our wedding plan.